Barley straw can benefit the environment by working to keep ponds naturally clear. Read the article from one of our sponsoring organizations, Washington Grain Commission, to see how barley straw is used for algae control in ponds!
Learn the answers to the following questions:
- How does barley straw work?
- How much should be used?
- Can it be overdone?
- How is straw applied?
- How long before improvement can be seen?
- How often should it be added?
- What reduces barley straw’s effectiveness?
- Is straw harmful to fish, invertebrates or desired plants?