The Northern Crops Institute will be hosting their online Healthy Solutions for Food Barley course from January 15 – 25! This course is an effort to give people in the food barley industry an in-depth look at all aspects of barley for food: breeding, nutritional benefits, barley food product launches, barley food trends, processing, transportation, contracting and securing supply.
Major topics participants will learn about include:
- Barley Breeding Program – NDSU & Montana State University
- Nutritional Benefits of Food Barley and Health Claims
- Quality Characteristics for Food Use of Barley
- Food Barley Product Trends
- Current and Potential Markets Worldwide
- Overview of Current U.S. Barley Market
- Food Safety and Traceability
- Virtual Tours of Processing Facility
- Barley Production in the Upper Midwest
- Baking Demonstrations with Barley Ingredients
- Beta-glucan Extract Processing
- Transportation and Logistics
This course is designed for those individuals involved with securing a quality supply of Identity Preserved food grade barley for their own use or for their customers! This course is only offered online, however there will be opportunities for live Q&A sessions. We encourage you to enroll by clicking here! Registration deadline is January 2, 2024.
For more information on the NCI or to register for any upcoming courses, please click here.