The Northern Crops Institute is hosting an online Healthy Solutions for Food Barley Uses course from January 31 – February 9, 2023. This course is an effort to give people in the food barley industry an in-depth look at all aspects of barley for food: breeding, nutritional benefits, barley food product launches, barley food trends, processing, transportation, contracting and securing supply.
The objective of this course is to grow demand for food barley by giving buyers and potential buyers an overview of new varieties, health and nutrition information, and US and national food trends, and assist in making marketplace connections.
Major topics for this course include:
- Barley Breeding Program – NDSU
- Barley Breeding Program – Montana State University
- Nutritional Benefits of Food Barley and Health Claims
- Quality Characteristics for Food Use of Barley
- Food Barley Product Trends
- Current and Potential Markets Worldwide
- Overview of Current U.S. Barley Market
- Food Safety and Traceability
- Virtual Tours of Processing Facility
- Barley Production in the Upper Midwest
- Baking Demonstrations with Barley Ingredients
- Beta-glucan Extract Processing
- Transportation and Logistics
This course is designed for those individuals involved with securing a quality supply of Identity Preserved food grade barley for their own use or for their customers.
Click on the link below to learn more about the course and to register.