- Fiber boost
- Barley is an excellent source of dietary fiber, and is a soluble fiber, meaning it can dissolve in water and provide the body with useful energy. A diet high in dietary fiber can help reduce the risk of developing chronic diseases such as cardiovascular disease.
- Lowers cholesterol
- Barley has been found to help reduce the level of “bad” cholesterol in the blood.
- Helps balance gut bacteria
- Eating barley-based foods has been found to reduce “bad” gut bacteria and help balance the bacteria to keep a person healthy.
- Lowers blood sugar levels
- Barley helps to lower blood sugar levels which can reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Encourages weight loss
- Barley helps to regulate your appetite and make you feel fuller longer. It can also help to boost the metabolism, which can contribute to weight loss.
Read the full article for more information on the benefits of barley water and how to make your own!